Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Arrival...



I began my departure from eugene with an awesome camping trip with my mom along the North Umpqua river, where we explored a bit and found some really cool backroads. Other than mosquitoes and a painful trip over a giant boulder, the trip was a success and afterwards I headed to Bend.
 
This was followed by an 11 hour drive to Utah and a wonderful day spent with my great friend Mykensie! She took me on this beautiful hike, literally up a waterfall followed by some pretty epic milkshakes!
Then I finally made it to Bryce canyon and I begin work tomorrow... No I haven't gotten my bow tie yet, but I arrived. I got settled in my dorm room and then took a tour of the park and am getting more and more excited about various hikes I'm going to do over the summer and fall. But for now I'm hanging out and enjoying the 8,000-9,000 feet elevation. Fortunately it's cooler than the rediculous heat that was Provo! But I'm glad I'm starting this adventure and ready to see what happens next! Here are some initial pictures!









No comments:

Post a Comment